Thursday, July 5, 2012

Drama with 2 teenage daughters now

Summer has been pretty quiet.  R is w/her mom in Texas.  A is w/her dad in Texas and K went to spend 2 weeks w/her dad and sister in Texas and is now back.  So right now just one teenage daughter.  About a week ago, though, A decided that she wanted to stay with her dad in Texas for this coming school year.  It was quite a shock.  I wasn't expecting it.  My ex-husband and JT have been really supportive and great during all these changes.  I am dealing with it.  Trying.  Feel bad for me and excited for her to experience time w/her dad.  I know she is going into a great situation, but I am mom, I am still going to worry.  I will miss a whole year w/out her.  I can't even imagine.  It hurts my heart but I am going to let her do it and support her 100%.  I can skype and facebook her, I can call her all the time and send her goodie packages, too!  I just wont be there for the day to day and I always have been.  I have great friends, Venus & Andrea and all my facebook friends who have given me great advice and support and I know will continue to do so. WOW!  Only 2 teenage daughters at home.  Sounds dull, lol.

Leanne

1 comment:

  1. when my sons were teenagers, they thought they wanted to go live with their dad (he lived in the same town). Not just because he was their dad, but because the rules with him were much more liberal. Through a series of "incidences" that got the boys into trouble, my ex husband decided to get on board with my rules and once we were on the same page, my sons decided to come back home and live with me and just visit their dad. Things have a way of working themselves out. Enjoy your peaceful home. you never know when or if its the quiet before the storm or a wonderful new peace that comes with maturing teens. Hopefully, its the latter. :-)

    ReplyDelete